Microbix Biosystems is a fast growing biotechnology company based in Mississauga.
Founded in 1988 as a producer of infectious disease antigens, primarily for the diagnostics market, Microbix invests in the virology business to build capacity and develop new products to address emerging market opportunities, while enhancing manufacturing and laboratory capabilities and technologies.
Our emerging products take aim at large market opportunities. With Microbix' core competencies in the Diagnostics business, including cell culture, molecular biology, and GMP quality system, these new products build on Microbix' strength.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Microbix is currently looking for a Technical Writer to start immediately. This is a 3 to 6-month, full time contract position to join our quality assurance team. The Technical Writer will assist with the preparation of documentation related to the design and development of Microbix Quality Assessment products. In this position, the successful Technical writer will report to the Director of QA and Compliance.
• Assist in developing documentation for design and development projects. Work directly with subject matter experts, end users, and other staff members to understand the direction of the documentation,
• Apply technical writing methodology to draft and clarify information from limited inputs, and facilitate the review and approval process for documents,
• Create drafts of new documentation based on inputs from internal teams and individuals including R&D scientists, manufacturing staff, quality control, marketing and product managers. When appropriate, use photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users’ understanding when appropriate,
• Collaborate with teams to ensure timely and successful completion of documents. Track documents sent and received. Coordinate and maintain organized records of all document drafts and versions,
• Able to meet deadlines, work on multiple documents at the same time.
• Well-organized and detailed oriented professional. • Strong written skills. Able to write clear, effective, professional quality documents. • Excellent grammatical, writing, and editorial skills are required. • Strong verbal communication skills. Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Regulatory, ISO standards or biotechnology experience is desirable
• Self-motivated with ability to handle, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and be able to perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
• 1-3 years of experience in technical writing.
Microbix strives to meet and exceed our customer expectations. Management and employees are committed to comply with customer and regulatory requirements for continuous improvement in everything we do. We apply our quality management system to all relevant activities. Senior Management reviews our Quality Management System on a regular basis to ensure its continued effectiveness
- The current job opening application process is active from 04-Apr-2018 to 05-May-2018 (EST).
- In order to submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com