CAREERS WITH MICROBIX
Founded in 1988 as a producer of infectious disease antigens, primarily for the diagnostics market, Microbix invests in the virology business to build capacity and develop new products to address emerging market opportunities, while enhancing manufacturing and laboratory capabilities and technologies.
Our emerging products take aim at large market opportunities. With Microbix’ core competencies in the Diagnostics business, including cell culture, molecular biology, and GMP quality system, these new products build on Microbix’ strength.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Microbix Biosystems has an opening for a full-time Shipper/receiver position. Reporting to the Materials manager, the successful candidate will hold a College diploma or minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role or equivalent. They will organized, demonstrate a good understanding of inventory management and be an effective communicator. The core hours of employment will be Monday through Friday, but may require additional occasional weekend availability. Flex shifts are available for discussion.
The Shipper/ receiver serves following primary functions for Microbix:
• Fulfills the responsibilities of a shipper by preparing customer orders for delivery by accurately using pick sheets, packing shipment packages following standard operating procedures.
• Work with courier as required to arrange pick ups and provide tracking information where
• Be accountable for the orderly receiving, documenting and storage of incoming supplies using inventory management software.
• Ensure that accurate and current reports are maintained on all raw materials and finished
goods in warehouse inventory.
• Maintain warehouse in orderly state, arranging inventory stock using a 'first in first out' strategy and monitoring for expiries. Monitor critical inventories as directed using min/max quantity guidelines.
• Monitor and change out gas cylinders, call for replacements
• General maintenance and repair duties
• Be the contact/ point person for routine contractors/ deliveries and marshal visitors through the building as required.
• Participate in reviewing, editing, revising standard operating procedures
• Participate in periodic cycle counts and inventory auditing
• Primary operator for the tow motor
• Other duties as required by the materials manager.
• Minimum 1-2 years of shipper receiving experience
• College diploma in a related field with minimum 2 years' industrial experience.
• Enterprise resource Planning (ERP) experience in the industrial setting is a strongly desired asset.
• Dangerous goods shipping certification is an asset
• Tow motor/ forklift certification is an asset
• Good math and computer skills.
• Strong communication and organization skills; be able to multi-task; be highly self motivated, flexible, be able to collaborate and work effectively in teams.
To apply for this job please send your resume and cover letter referencing job# MBX20.11.SR.1: